Sunday, December 12, 2010

Desiderata

What became of us
And all our dreams and plans;
How could you turn and walk away
As I watched our castles turn to sand?

I remember it all,
The sound of laughter and
How happy I'd been, but was I really?
At first, remember how you promised?
It would be soft and tender,
A loving feeling to remember.

How do you walk away from someone you love
And take the road of friend;
Can you reroute the course you have taken
And start over once again?

I don't really want to let you go
But inside me I know I must;
The times we've loved . . . the times you've left
My heart says stay . . . but it's my mind I must trust.

We have shared so much together
Yet sometimes we can't turn back time
We must walk away, and allow ourselves to heal.
May life be gentle with you

Cause by what you bestowed
In our short time together
Will last in my heart
Forever and ever

Enjoy now your long waited reward
Feel peace that your love continues on
What was taught to me, will be taught to mine
Cause you live on in me even after you've gone

No comments:

Post a Comment