Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mama!

Outside the fiery circle of memory,
The howling surf, the incessant years undone …
Mom's love will stay with me forever
And touch my life in precious ways...

The looks in her eyes,
Staring down at this infant,
Whom she would cherish, yet must teach
To live and die alone.

And now a man stands in its place,
Glowing with the confidence the years have curved.
It could only take a mother,
To do whatever she has done.

The values she has taught,
The care she has given,
And the wonderful love she has shown,
Have enriched my life!!

Her love has touched my soul,
In more ways than I can count
So may our love go on and on,
A hundred thousand years!

Even in the glorious yesterday,
With its tints of tears and joys
I still do feel that I am in debt,
For she has given me more than I deserved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment